Creaza, May 2018
With the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) set to take effect, on May 25th 2018, we want to provide a statement on our work to comply with new regulations and ensure that our customers who use Creaza can continue to do so with confidence.
At Creaza, we have done extensive work to protect the privacy and security of our customers (and of our staff and learners):
- We have Data Processing Agreements (DPAs) with customers that regulate how personal data is defined and how we process this data.
- DPAs also regulate sharing of personal data. We use personal data solely for the purpose of providing the agreed service for the customer and its users. No personal data is disclosed to third parties. Creaza uses the following sub-processors:
Type of processing
Inspera AS (Norway)
Development, maintenance, and service
Expert Software Application srl. (Romania)
Development, software, and service
AWS Amazon (Ireland)
Infrastructure, internet access, hosting, and AWS services
Wevideo Inc (USA)
Video-rendering service. No personal data is being stored.
TrackJS LLC (USA)
Information about municipality, county, school, role, name, and email addresses is necessary for the service to work as expected. This information is only used to distinguish users from each other, and for adjustments and workflow.
Listed below is the personal information Creaza uses:
- Name (first and last name)
- Role (teacher/student)
- Email address
THINGS YOU CREATE OR PROVIDE TO US
When you use your Creaza Account, you provide us with personal information. By far, most users log into Creaza using a single sign-on, like Skolfederation, SLI, Skolon, Google, Microsoft, Feide, UNI-login or similar. Upon first login, we receive your name, email, role, school, and municipality. With this information we create your account, were your content is stored. Upon the next login, we receive your unique id to give you access to your content.
Even if you aren’t signed into a Creaza Account, you provide us with information — like an email address to receive updates about our Services. When you upload content such as videos, photos, and audio for use within the services, we collect that content within your account so that you may access it. We also collect comments you make on published works, be they your own or those that others have shared with you.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT AS YOU USE OUR SERVICES
1. Your browsers and devices
We collect information about the browsers and devices you use to access Creaza, which helps us troubleshoot and make improvements to our Services. The information we collect includes the following:
- type of device
- operating system of your device
- browser type
- non-precise geographic location (e.g. zip code and city)
- technical information about your device, system and App software, and peripherals
- system configuration information
- web beacons
We collect this information when your device contacts our servers — for example, when you install a Creaza app on your mobile device or when you connect to our Services through your browser.
2. Your activity
We collect information about your activity when using our Services. We process this information to provide you with services, to maintain a reliable quality of our Services, and to provide you with improved Services. Activity that we collect may include:
- Features that you use
- People with whom you communicate or share content with when using our Services
- Information that you provide to us to connect to external services of your choosing with our Services
We do not sell any information that we collect about you or your activity. When we do track, it is done anonymously. We use methods that ensure that no tracking is identified with you, and that it is aggregated and processed in an anonymous manner.
3. Your location information
We collect information about your location when you use our Services. This helps us offer features that may be localized by knowing the originating country of an IP address. This location information also helps us prevent harm and fraud, comply with law, serve the public interest, and keep Creaza safe and welcoming for everyone.
HOW WE MAY USE PERSONAL INFORMATION
Creaza and our service providers may use personal information for our legitimate business interests, including the following:
- To respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests, such as sending you newsletters.
- To send administrative information to you, such as information regarding the Services and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies.
- To send you marketing communications that we believe may be of interest to you, such as recommended Creaza based on your general location and your use of the Services, subject to your consent if required by applicable law.
- To personalize your experience on the Services by presenting products and offers tailored to you.
“Personal Information” is information that identifies an individual or relates to an identifiable person.
We may need to collect and process Personal Information such as:
Name, Email, School, City, Role (Teacher or Student) in order to provide the requested Services to you, or because we are legally required to do so.
If you do not provide the information that we request, we may not be able to provide the requested Services.
0667 Oslo, Norway